Our bit for the environment
We have a very special place here. The Abel Tasman National Park is a profoundly beautiful coastal paradise that has been enjoyed by many cultures over many centuries. It is an environment that we share with many life forms on both land and sea. As we protect and enhance the Abel Tasman's natural balance, we guard its soul. We hope you are inspired to take something special away from us to share in your environment back home. We have absolute reverence for this special place and it is our privilege to now share it with you.
|Toitū te Marae a Tāne||Through the sustainability|
|Toitū te marae a Tongaroa||of the forest and ocean,|
|Toitū te Iwi||humanity will endure.|
Gaining a Department of Conservation (DOC) concession as well as a DOC Marine Mammal Watching Permit means we can take our guests right into the park to visit the NZ Fur Seal Colony on Tonga Island in the Marine Reserve.
Abel Tasman Soul Ltd is a trusted leader in providing quality kayaking experiences while demonstrating respect for the long-term health of our environment and the community impact. Our management team recognises that the company's commercial activities can impact the environment and the community. We therefore subscribe to the following environmental protection principles:
Minimizing direct impacts on the environment by monitoring our operations and continuing to be proactively involved in projects to protect and restore the biodiversity of the area.
- Working with employees, customers, shareholders, suppliers, the local community and any other interested parties to identify their needs and support them in our commitments to the environment.
- Creating an understanding of, and responsibility to, minimizing our daily impacts on the local environment.
- Identifying both short and long term effects of operations, and in response, reduce any negative effects to as minimal as possible.
In order to achieve the above objectives, we:
- Work to gain employees' commitment to the positive aspects of sustainable tourism and their awareness of the importance and benefits of minimizing negative effects on the environment.
- Promote our commitment through the use of local and sustainable product supply.
- Continue to review current business practices, identify areas of improvement and create plans to meet our commitments towards a more sustainable future for tourism in the Abel Tasman.