Abel Tasman Kayaks understands that travel plans vary due to illness, accident and people simply changing their minds. In turn, we ask our clients to understand that we may have turned away a number of keen people for those reserved places. We may also have committed expenses for food, staff, transport or accommodation. We will have incurred expense in processing the enquiry and bookings. Finally, we have learned to respect the sea and the New Zealand weather, and not to take unnecessary risks.
To confirm your reservation, full payment or voucher details must be received by Abel Tasman Kayaks at time of booking.
- Client Cancellation within 48 hours of day of departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee. However, cancellation by client within 24 hours of day of departure – NO REFUND WILL BE MADE.
- There will be NO refund on any portion or part of a guided trip once the trip has departed. PLEASE NOTE THAT IN THE EVENT OF A NO-SHOW FULL PAYMENT WILL BE CHARGED!
- All other cancellations prior to 48hrs incur a 10% administration/cancellation fee.
Overnight Trips/Multiday Trips
- Client Cancellation within 14 days of departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee. However, cancellation by client within 7 days of departure – NO REFUND WILL BE MADE.
- There will be NO refund on any portion or part of a overnight/multiday trip once the trip has departed. PLEASE NOTE THAT IN THE EVENT OF A NO-SHOW FULL PAYMENT WILL BE CHARGED!
- All other cancellations prior to 14 days of departure incur a 10% administration/cancellation fee.
Cancellation by Abel Tasman Kayaks Our policy is not to launch a Guided Trip or Freedom Rental on safety grounds if we consider that the wind and sea conditions are unsafe for that group. This is our decision. In this situation we give a refund in full.
One Day Guided trips Once your trip has commenced there are no refunds. There may be times when the weather changes during the day and the group is unable to return by kayak to Marahau or, very occasionally, must be cancelled at some stage during the day. In this situation we will cover the cost of water taxiing clients’ kayaks back to Marahau, and cover their passenger fare where there is no practical walk out option. Where a practical walk out option does exist, and clients seek to return via water taxi, their passenger fare is their own cost.
1. Abel Tasman Kayaks reserves the right to cancel a client’s tour in the event of non-compliance with the terms and conditions Abel Tasman Kayaks sea kayak rental briefing, or relevant rules and regulations governing the Abel Tasman National Park, its foreshore and adjoining waterways. In this situation, there is no refund.
2. Abel Tasman Kayaks reserves the right to change the direction of a trip due to such things as kayaking conditions and kayak availability. Such a change will not allow the customer to cancel a trip without application of the cancellation policy.
3. If you trip includes accommodation it is possible that the third party accommodation may be booked out between the time of booking and us securing the accommodation. On the rare occasion this occurs we will offer alternative options, if this is not possible then we will cancel and refund the booking.
We advise all clients to consider arranging appropriate travel insurance that covers Adventure Tourism. On guided trips, Abel Tasman Kayaks is responsible for all company equipment on that trip (e.g. kayaks, tents etc). On Freedom Rentals, the client is solely responsible for any loss or damage to all equipment. The hirers’ responsibility ceases once Abel Tasman Kayaks equipment has been loaded onto an approved water taxi or, where the kayak is paddled back to Marahau, loaded onto the kayak transporters. Under all circumstances, the client is solely responsible for their personal equipment.
In any adventure activity, there is an element of risk involved. Risks in undertaking this activity include, but are not limited to; Personal Injury, Property Damage, Illness as a result of Weather Conditions and Risk of Drowning. Abel Tasman Kayaks mitigate this risk through thorough preparation and providing you with the necessary information and training to participate in our activities. You are personally responsible for listening to our directions, adhering to our advice, and making responsible decisions to keep yourself safe.