All customers aged 12+ will need to present their My Vaccine Pass before they can use our services. The new Protection Framework also requires that we adhere to the regulations outlined for each of the three levels; red, orange and green. We are required to adopt this new framework in order to remain open. For more specific information about COVID-19 Protection Framework please visit this link. Thank you for your understanding.
If we have not answered all of your questions please feel free to contact us.
Is a ‘My Vaccine Pass’ required?
Under the Covid-19 protection framework we are mandated to make it a requirement for all customers over 12 yrs & 3 mths to use the ‘My Vaccine Pass’ to access our tours and services.
The Department of Conservation require anyone overnighting in a hut or campsite or day visitors using hut or campsite facilities (except for toilets) to have a valid ‘My Vaccine Pass’.
Exemptions will only apply to those under 12 yrs & 3 mths.
What additional measures have you put in place?
On Saturday 21 March 2020 Abel Tasman Kayaks felt it was our social responsibility to support the broader societal efforts to slow down the spread of the Corona Virus and closed before the New Zealand Government alert levels were in place. It was the first time in our history we had closed the doors. This decision was deliberate and made from care for members of our communities who are more vulnerable to the grave impacts of this virus, and to keep our customers, staff and extended families safe. The health and safety of people lied at the heart of this decision and we will continue to have that as our guiding principal during the Cov19 situation.
- A ‘My Vaccine Pass’ is required for entry for everyone over 12 yrs & 3 mths.
- We require you to scan the Covid QR upon arrival.
- Guests need to wear a mask in the office, bus, vans, transporters and water taxis. Our staff will wear masks except when undertaking a safety briefing or guiding, they will socially distance when not wearing a mask.
- We encourage you to book online to limit contact with office staff.
- Pay wave installed for those paying in the office.
- Additional hand sanitiser available in the office and base.
- Staff will not come to work if they have been requested to self-isolate/quarantine, or have symptoms of COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- In the event that a positive test returns by anyone who has been in contact with us (staff or customers), we will immediately follow process in containing via shutdown, alerting authorities and producing the contact information required to the Nelson Marlborough District Health Board.
- We will continue to keep up to adhere to the Ministry of Health www.health.govt.nz guidelines and adjust as and when required. We will Strictly follow all guidelines presented under the covid-19 Protection Framework, for more specific information, please visit here-https://covid19.govt.nz/assets/COVID-19-Protection-Framework/COVID-19-Protection-Framework-traffic-lights-summary-table.pdf
Are you operating your normal range of trips and services?
Yes, the Covid protection framework ‘traffic light system’ and the use of the Vaccination Pass means we can operate all our services.
What is your cancellation policy for Covid-19 disruptions?
Our standard cancellation policy applies, however if the New Zealand Government mandates a national or localised lockdown or you have been requested to self-isolate/quarantine, you have symptoms of COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test result you will receive a full refund excluding any accommodation costs incurred or you can transfer your trip to another date with no fees applied.
We strongly recommend international customers hold off booking until they are sure they can undertake their travel, please note there is currently a 14 day quarantine period to enter New Zealand and our borders are closed to non-residents. If you are an international customer booking from overseas from July 2020 our standard cancellation policy applies please wait until the borders are reopened before booking.
What measures do you have in place for contact tracing?We require all customers to scan the Covid QR code upon arrival and we can use details through our reservation system if we had a case onsite.