This amazing 6-day, Cycle/Kayak adventure, takes you along the most recently completed stages, of Tasman’s Great Taste Trail. Take a break after two days of cycling and experience two days of pure magic in the world-famous Abel Tasman National Park with Abel Tasman Kayaks.
An outline of the trip is below, but for a full trip description read here. This trip is such a great way to see and experience the Nelson/Region.
Day 1 - Nelson City to Mapua - Distance: 32kms
Day 2 - Mapua to Kaiteriteri - Distance: 41kms
Day 3: Two Day Classic, Abel Tasman National Park
Day 4: Two Day Classic, Abel Tasman National Park
Day 5 - Kaiteriteri – Kohatu – Wakefield Distance: 55kms
Day 6 - Wakefield to Nelson: Distance: 32kms
This package includes:
- Cycle equipment which includes trail comfort bike, helmet, repair kit, panniers, odometer and trail documentation
- Accommodation – x 5 nights – including all breakfasts
- Abel Tasman Kayaks – Two Day Classic tour – fully catered
- Luggage transfers between accommodations (1 bag per person – limit 15kgs per bag)
- Winery or Café Lunch on Day 4
- Dinner in Wakefield
- Shuttle on day 4 (there is an incomplete section of trail)
- Mapua Ferry crossing
- E-bike upgrade - $54 per day
- Pre/post trail accommodation
- Airport pick up/drop off
Email us to make a booking.
NB: Prices are based on Peak season, per adult (1st December to 1st April). Accommodation is based on twin share (high season rates). Single traveller wanting own room option available at additional cost.
$2199pp (2 pax min)
Download Itinerary & Map